Professional Masters Costume Contest (Hosted by C4)
Friday | 7PM | MAIN STAGE
Professional Masters Division ONLY
*entrants must be approved for this category*
C4 Annual Costume Contest (Hosted by Costume Alliance)
*limited to 150 entrants
Saturday | 6PM | MAIN STAGE
Novice, Intermediate, Masters, Group, and Exhibition Division
BEST IN SHOW AWARD
Additional Prizes For: Best Sci-Fi, Best Anime/Videogame, Best Pop Culture, Best Comic Book, Best Fantasy
C4 Annual Kids Costume Contest (Hosted by Costume Alliance)
Saturday | 3PM | ARENA
Youth Division (13+ UNDER)
All entrants will win a goodie bag for entering!
REGISTRATION FOR COSTUME CONTESTS WILL BE AT THE COSTUME ALLIANCE BOOTH.
(Booth C9 against the wall to the right of the arena)
REGISTRATION HOURS FOR: PROFESSIONAL MASTERS COSTUME CONTEST (Hosted by C4)
Friday: 2PM till 5:00PM
ALL CONTESTANTS ARE TO MEET AT THE REGISTRATION BOOTH BY 5:30PM
CONTEST PREJUDGING BEGINS AT 6:00PM in the PAN AM ROOM.
**Contestants will be ESCORTED to the PAN AM room once Roll Call is finished.**
REGISTRATION HOURS FOR: C4 ANNUAL COSTUME CONTEST (Hosted by the COSTUME ALLIANCE)
Friday: 2PM till 8PM
Saturday: 10AM till 3:00PM
JUNIOR DIVISION CUT OFF WILL BE AT 1PM ON SATURDAY.
PREJUDGING WILL BE AT THE COSTUME ALLIANCE BOOTH.
** All Contestants who wish to be judged MUST BE PREJUDGED BY 4:00 PM SATURDAY.**
*REMINDER FOR JUDGED CONTESTANTS: Please provide a picture of your character for the judges.*
ROLL CALL STARTS AT 5:00PM SHARP OUTSIDE THE MAIN STAGE. Entrants who do not show up by 5:10 will be marked as a no show and will be eliminated from the contest.
Download the full contest rules below. Rules for all contests and for specific contests are contained within this document.
REMINDER TO ALL CONTESTANTS! ENTRY SLIPS MUST BE PRESENTED AT ROLL CALL TO GUARANTEE ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST!!
Information Needed for Registration:
Do you need assistance on or off stage: Yes/No?
A picture of your character/costume (Important for those who wish to be judged)
The C4 Costume Contests
- The Professional Masters Costume Contest will be held on Friday at 7PM. Contestants who are ranked as a Master or make professional “Hollywood” grade costumes are qualified to enter.
- The C4 Annual Costume Contest will be divided by categories. These categories include Novice/Beginner, Intermediate, Masters, and Group. For those wishing not to be judged will be placed in the Exhibitionist division.
- The C4 Kids Costume Contest will be held at 3:00PM on Saturday. All kids will be given a goodie bag with a toy, comic book and some candy! 1st place will be awarded a trophy, 2nd and 3rd place will be given a medal.
- Premade purchased costumes will be deducted points by judges. (ie. Factory made costumes)
- Awards will be given to the best costume in the judged categories.
- Contestants who will be judged under these criteria: DETAIL, AUTHENTICITY/ORIGINALITY, CRAFTSMANSHIP, and PRESENTATION
- Entrants under the age of 13 are automatically enrolled in the Youth division and will require the presence of parent or guardian.
- Entrants will be registered ELECTRONICALLY at the booth for record keeping. Each contestant will be given a ticket to enter in the contest.
- DUE to constricted space and time regiments, there will only be 150 ENTRY SLOTS AVAILABLE. Please Register during the times available.
- EXCLUSIVE TO THE EXHIBITIONIST CATEGORY ONLY: The chance to be crowned as MR&MISS C4. The best dressed Guy and Girl will win a $25 gift card to Polo park and a 2 Hour photography session at ASPIRE with TedSaliphoto. This contest is open to ALL CONTESTANTS IN THE EXHIBISTIONIST CATEGORY. PARTNER NOT REQUIRED.
Past Contest Winners
Our previous Miss C4 winners have been:
2009 – Alicia May as Zatana (DC Comics)
View the entries of the contest here (via Flickr), taken by official C4 photographer Ted Sali.
2010 - Kristina Friesen / Sarah Friesen as Twi’lek Jedi and Twi’lek Sith (Star Wars)
View the entries of the contest here (via Facebook), taken by official C4 photographer Ted Sali.
2011 - Jade (Mortal Kombat)
View some of the entries of the contest here (via Facebook.)
All costumes must comply with our weapons policy. Visit the Con Policies to read more.